The Earth-Life Science Institute at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://eon.elsi.jp (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We may use your Personal Information to operate, provide, improve, and maintain our website. We will not use this information beyond what is primarily needed for running our website.
Please be aware that any information that you voluntarily opt to display on any publicly available parts of our website becomes publically available and may be collected and used by others.
INFORMATION THAT OUR SYSTEM COLLECTS:
- When a User registers to become a member of EON’s web network, he or she provides Personal Information (name, email address, password that you create, research field, and affiliation, among others) to our system and to our designated administrators who will have access to all such information.
- When a User creates his or her profile page, this data is collected and may be available to the public and/or to EON web network users.
- We collect information sent to our site via emails or email links.
- We collect data users decide to put on our website via posts, comments, blogs, etc. This is viewable to the public and to EON web network users.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser via ‘cookies’ and other similar technologies. Such information may include your IP address, browser type, system type, content and pages that you access from our site, page from which you accessed our site, to name a few examples.
While we place great importance on protecting the security of your personal information, no method of electronic storage is 100% secure.